Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Paper Than Shoes August Challenge

So here is the first challenge for the MPTS design team..... Vintage Paris. Woohoo!
What a perfect challenge for me! I created this project using some pictures and goodies I collected on a trip I took to Paris with my mom in 2008. (Love you mom!)

The rules...
1. Vintage Paris themed
2. Use arcylic paint, metal, and fabric
3. Utilize crackle technique

So I decided to make some cards for my 7gypsies photo carousel....

One of my favorite pages. I love the Prima flower on this one.  I used the crackle paint on the black backround - love the way it finishes off the page and gives it that vintage feel (I used Tim Holtz's Rock Candy crackle paint). For all of my photos, I used an action called "butterscotch vintage" created by Rita at http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/.


Close-up of the flower - love it!


I have enjoyed collecting lots of different types of laces. It looks so pretty on so
many different kinds of projects.


This page has three of the challenges. I used white acrylic paint to cover up some of the patterend paper to create a spot for some journaling. I used a euro coin as the center of the paper flower and also used the crackle paint on the background here.


I decided to use photos that represented a lot of the places we visited. One of my favorites was The Musee D'Orsay.  A wonderful time with mom and so many beautiful pieces of art.  To make a place for all of the ticket stubs and such, I made the backgrounds of all of the pages into pockets to slip in a tag.

All of the tulips were blooming around France - so beautiful to see spring in Paris!
I ruffled some fabric to make a border for the tulip page.
The black and cream page is actually flocked paper - the texture of the page is awesome!!




All of the paper I used for this project was from a paper pack (from Hobby Lobby) called "Paris Nights". It had some really awesome papers in the collection and was the perfect colors for a vintage paris project.




I think these are my two favorite pages.  I just loved how they turned out and cherish the memories these photos represent for me.







I hope you enjoyed looking at my pages! I would love to hear what you think!

7 comments:

  1. speechless!!!! this challenge so worked for you!!!! I love your ephemera, picts OH JUST ALL OF IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, so much to see! I think the butterflies are my favorite part!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan...Looking at your pages made me go back to Paris! (I walked the street of the City of lights a long time ago!) You used all the technics so very well...This carousel is an absolutely fabulous way to memorized a beautiful souvenir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all your eye candy-I feel like I just vaca in Paris!!!! I loved everything....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I just found your blog from MPTS... what a treat! I sat here oooohing and aaahhhhing and gasping with each new page of this ATC album. Just my style - I LOVE it. So glad to have found you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW!!!! I just found your blog thanks to Jean FB.. and blimey am I glad I did... your art is stunning..thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH be still my beating heart! I love PARIS and your interpretation with the photos is just SO LUSH!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete