Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Card Swap

I am really excited to post my cards for my first card swap!! I joined Splitcoaststampers to participate in some swaps and have fun trading cards with some very talented people.  I hope everyone enjoys my cards - it has been a lot of fun planning and making them.



I really enjoyed making this card. I used vintage book paper to frame the orange cardstock, as well as the squirrel and leaf blocks.  The orange paper was sewn onto the vintage book paper to add a decorative edge.  I stamped the squirrel and leaf onto some cream fabric and then sewed them onto the book paper as well.  All of the stamps were purchased at Archivers.



I think this card is my favorite fall card that I have made. The small leaves were embossed onto the background cardstock using Ranger's copper embossing powder.  The small leaves were parts from the Archiver's stamp sets.  I also used vintage book paper as a background for the ribbon.  The maple leaf stamp (Rubber Stampede: Small Maple) was purchased from Hobby Lobby and also embossed with Ranger's copper embossing powder. I think my favorite part of the card is the circle cut-out that swings open to reveal a sentiment (an idea I got from one of the booths at CKC - San Marcos).

No comments:

Post a Comment